Chesterfield, Fort Gratiot, Lapeer, Richmond, Sterling Heights
Posted 10 months ago
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all departments in the showroom.
- Oversee all sales including margins, volume, quotas, and closing ratios, while developing and implementing future goals.
- Handle all customer related issues escalated above the Guest Experience Manager.
- Work with the Visual Presentation Manager regarding product placement.
- Report changes in policy and other information to staff members.
- Provide exceptional leadership to the sales, guest experience, and visual teams.
- Coach members of the staff to build individual and team success in a professional manner.
- Maintain budgeted administrative costs including wages and supplies.
- Audit the performance of employees and provide additional support or training if needed.
- Ensure complete and adequate documentation of procedures and tasks completed.
- Complete various report functions in a timely manner.
- Hire, train, and coach the sales team.
- Prepare and administer performance evaluations for assigned staff.
- Provide timely and effective communications.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned, essential or otherwise.
- High School diploma (Bachelor Degree in Business preferred).
- 2-4 years of proven experience in furniture retail management in a commissioned based sales environment.
- Previous supervisory experience is a must.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn in-house computer programs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, and travel as needed.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in team building skills.
|Job Category||Sales Manager|